Naruto Divinity

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Lets get a move on things!
Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 4:38 am by Ayano

» Kapanga Lima
Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 4:16 pm by aylindalia

» Diary.of.a.Wimpy.Kid.Dog.Days.2012.BRRiP.XviD.AC-3.avi
Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 4:02 am by aylindalia

» Smackdown Here Come The Pain Exe
Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 3:04 am by aylindalia

» IDL 7 License.dat
Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 12:36 pm by aylindalia

» Pdf Editor 3.3 Serial.rar
Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 4:27 am by aylindalia

» Kapanga Lima
Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:24 pm by aylindalia

» Principles And Design Of Mechanical Face Seals
Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 9:05 pm by aylindalia

» Karaoke-5-39.2
Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 10:36 am by aylindalia

+3
Izuru
Ayano
Teashi
7 posters

Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie)

Teashi
    Teashi

Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) Empty Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie)

Post  Teashi Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:26 am

SO! I'm going to see it soon, can't wait! What I want to talk about though, are the ups and downs that I ALREADY found out!

- All the names are being changed to their Asian forms. Thats a down because the anime is american and the names should be pronounced canon-ly.

- I found out that most of the villain rolls are being played by darker skinned races and the hero rolls are being played by lighter skinned races. That's a down because that seems like major racism, and not only that, but there weren't very many dark skinned characters in the anime. That's another non canon thing they've added.

- Apparently, Fire Bending is limited on the movie. Thats a down.

- The Kyoshi warriors were ALL taken out, every recorded scene of them, and EVERYTHING. Why? BECAUSE THEY WERE THE DIERECTORS FAVORITE! UGH! A total downside, they are my FAVORITE part of the ENTIRE series!

- Momo and Appa, thought very nicely made, look more scary then anything else. Thats kinda neutral, I suppose : 3

- The (I think) movie is being made into 4 parts for each book. Definetly an up, as they can fix their previous mistakes!

That's about it...until I watch the movie that is : 3 And yes, I realize most of them are downsides x3
    Ayano
    Ayano

Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) Empty Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie)

Post  Ayano Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:37 am

Srsly.... when i first read that the kyoshi warriors wouldn't be in. i was shocked! like.... damn...

srsly? all villians dark skinned? and heroes light skinned? Kataras not that dark.... i think sock-ah (reference to nitpic video) is darker. atleast darker than azula or zuko... Razz DOWN WITH RACISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anything that looks cool or cute in cartoons. would usualy look scary. or not so cute in RL. ( i think) in RL pikachu would be a yellow rat wiith red cheeks. long ears. and a lighting bolt formed tail.
    Izuru
    Izuru

Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) Empty Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie)

Post  Izuru Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:46 am

I was planing on watching this but now i'm not so sure i will.No Kyoshi warriors,they are one of the best characters there.And every villain is dark skinned,that's just racism.
    Ell
    Ell

Post  Ell Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:50 pm

2 things.

ONE! the kyoshi warriors were retarded, and i considered them retarded from the very first moment i laid eyes on them. You have to be a girl, or gay to actually enjoy their role in the show.

TWO! im so tired of people jumping to racist conclusions every time something like this happens. OH MAH GAWD, THEY ARE BLACK! RACIST! RACIST!!! Im sure it was only a coincidence. This is the same damn thing that happened with modern warfare.

"OMG the terrorist are all MIDDLE EASTERN! this game is RACIST!"

or maybe, since the terrorists are in the MIDDLE EAST, its possible that they are middle eastern for that reason? naww, must be racist.
    Teashi
    Teashi

Post  Teashi Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:26 pm

Ell wrote:2 things.

ONE! the kyoshi warriors were retarded, and i considered them retarded from the very first moment i laid eyes on them. You have to be a girl, or gay to actually enjoy their role in the show.

TWO! im so tired of people jumping to racist conclusions every time something like this happens. OH MAH GAWD, THEY ARE BLACK! RACIST! RACIST!!! Im sure it was only a coincidence. This is the same damn thing that happened with modern warfare.

"OMG the terrorist are all MIDDLE EASTERN! this game is RACIST!"

or maybe, since the terrorists are in the MIDDLE EAST, its possible that they are middle eastern for that reason? naww, must be racist.

Their calling it racist because the BAD GUYS are almost all darker skinned, even if their character wasn't...and because the HEROS are almost all lighter skinned, even if their character wasn't. Zuko, for example.
    Ell
    Ell

Post  Ell Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:04 pm

And? Youre just putting way too much emphasis on color.
    Teashi
    Teashi

Post  Teashi Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Ell wrote:And? Youre just putting way too much emphasis on color.

I'm simply stating what I read and saw on the news/sneak peeks, and just then I was correcting you.

And I also do agree with you. Just because I'm giving a point or some information does not mean that I don't think people are over reacting, 'cause they are.
    Ayano
    Ayano

Post  Ayano Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:59 pm

I'm over reacting. why do you ask? cuz i like it.
    BlackZHawk
    BlackZHawk

Post  BlackZHawk Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Meh Kyoshi warriors... I actually had entirely forgotten about them so I don't really care if they are in it or not.

I just hope Toph is cool. I think they could do some cool visual effects with her
    Ayano
    Ayano

Post  Ayano Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:31 pm

I heard toph isn't in the movie at all O.o
    Kaiden
    Kaiden

Post  Kaiden Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Well Toph wasn't even in the firts book now was she?
    BlackZHawk
    BlackZHawk

Post  BlackZHawk Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:49 pm

nope toph came in the 3rd right? or was it second...... *sigh*

but they better have toph in one of the movies
    Ayano
    Ayano

Post  Ayano Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:54 pm

ah... somewhere in the 2nd yes....
    Sheehan
    Sheehan

Post  Sheehan Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:00 pm

I dunno.

I'm going to say what I said when I heard of Dragonball Evolution.

I'm going to see it, and I'm excited to how it'll work out, but I fear that they will very much so rape the name of "Avatar: The Legend of Aang".

Atleast, that's my opinion.
    BlackZHawk
    BlackZHawk

Post  BlackZHawk Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Dragon ball evolution is not a movie. it doesn't deserve even the title movie.
    Ayano
    Ayano

Post  Ayano Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:41 am

I agree with Z. That "thing" is as much a movie as the Super mario bros. movie.
    BlackZHawk
    BlackZHawk

Post  BlackZHawk Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:20 pm

super mario bro's is a move?

(I think I just proved Aya's point)
    Ayano
    Ayano

Post  Ayano Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Yes. Z you did. No goombas. No koopa tropas. No koopa. Only dinosaurs.
    Teashi
    Teashi

Post  Teashi Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Finally went and saw this, in 3D. It was far better than I expected, and they ARE turning into seperate books for each movie for sure.

Just one question(Spoiler):

Did General Zhao (?) or Princess Yue actually die in the first book? I don't remember for sure.
    Kaiden
    Kaiden

Post  Kaiden Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:08 pm

The Princess did I rmemebr for sure because she had to sacrifice ehrself to save the water dragon spirit or somehting liek that. I don't even rmmeebr General Zhao since its been so long
    Teashi
    Teashi

Post  Teashi Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Kaiden wrote:The Princess did I rmemebr for sure because she had to sacrifice ehrself to save the water dragon spirit or somehting liek that. I don't even rmmeebr General Zhao since its been so long

Ok, then the movie had that part right. It was to save the moon spirit I believe.
    Izuru
    Izuru

Post  Izuru Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:13 am

The princess sacrificed her self and became the moon spirit and General Zhao was fighting Zuko then Aang turned into some giant fish-like thing and killed Zhao.
    Teashi
    Teashi

Post  Teashi Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:20 am

Izuru wrote:The princess sacrificed her self and became the moon spirit and General Zhao was fighting Zuko then Aang turned into some giant fish-like thing and killed Zhao.

Oh. Well that sums it up!

(Spoiler):

In the movie he was drowned to death by 4 Water Benders Razz
    Izuru
    Izuru

Post  Izuru Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:24 am

I'm not sure what happened to him,all i know is that he is dead.
    Here is his "death":Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Movie) Zhao_005
    Teashi
    Teashi

Post  Teashi Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yusFY-zDbwo&playnext_from=TL&videos=NNjC2BuWfrI&feature=sub

Well, that sums it it up pretty nicely.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content